Pad Krapow Gai (Stir Fried Thai Basil with Chicken)
Pad Krapow is a Thai dish that blends the fire of hot chilli peppers with the cooling fragrance of Thai basil for a dish that is full of flavour. This recipe is for Pad Krapow with chicken.
We stock selected ingredients for this recipe at The Masala Mill Store (11/148 Sloane Street Goulburn), or through our website for local delivery.
1/3 Cup Lee's Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Megachef Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Healthy Boy Thin Soy Sauce
2 Tsp Megachef Fish Sauce
2 Tsp Grated O-Cha Palm Sugar
200g Skinless Chicken Thigh (diced or minced)
1/4 Cup Shallots
1/2 Cup Snake Beans*
1 Bunch of fresh Thai Basil (leaves only)*
1 - 2 Cloves of Garlic
2 - 3 Birdseye Chillies (sliced -- remove seeds if you don't like it too hot!)
Oil for cooking
1. Whisk chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and grated sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
2. Heat a heavy based pan, drizzle with oil, then stir fry chicken until brown.
3. Stir in shallots, garlic & sliced chillies. Add about 1 tablespoon of the sauce mixture and stir fry until it starts to caramelise.
4. Pour in the remainder of the sauce and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Keep stirring until the chicken is well glazed. Remove from heat.
5. Add in the basil leaves, and stir until the leaves are wilted.
Serve with hot jasmine rice, such as Lion Brand Jasmine Rice, and a crispy fried egg.
* We often carry shallots, snake beans and Thai Basil, but please check availability with us.