Sweet & Sour
Old is gold! Lee Kum Kee makes recreating all your old-skool restaurant favourites at home a breeze. This recipe is for Sweet & Sour (Chicken/Pork). See below for a vegetarian alternative. Use UFM Crispy flour for extra golden crunchy texture.
- 1 Sachet Lee Kum Kee Sweet and Sour Ready Sauce
- 1 Cup UFM Crispy Flour
- 1/2 Brown Onion (quartered and separated)
- 1 Green/Red Capsicum (large segments)
- 1 Cup of mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, etc).
- 500g diced Chicken or Pork (see below for a delicious vegetarian alternative)
- 1 Tin Pineapple Chunks
- Cooking oil
- Mix 1 Cup of UFM Crispy Flour with 3/4 Cup of water to make a smooth batter.
- Coat chicken/pork in crispy flour and dip in batter.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan and then fry in batches for approximately 4 minutes, or until batter is crisp golden brown. Set aside.
- In wok, heat 1 Tbsp oil and stir-fry mixed vegetables until tender.
- Add capsicum and onion, and stir-fry briefly.
- Add pineapple and Lee Kum Kee Sweet & Sour Ready Sauce.
- Stir-fry until well-combined then add battered chicken/pork. Mix thoroughly coated in sauce.
Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
The Vegetarian Alternative
Prepare an assortment of mixed vegetables. Broccoli and cauliflower should be broken into florets. Carrots, eggplant, etc should be diced. Coat the prepared vegetables in UFM Crispy Flour batter and fry in batches until vegetables are tender and batter is golden brown. Continue as above from Step #4.