Egg Noodle Soup with Fried Puff Tofu and Oriental Red Pork
Perfect as a quick meal the whole family will love. Apart from marinating the pork overnight, this meal can be prepared in about 15 minutes, which makes it a great option for an evening meal on busy weekdays.
- 500g Evergreen Fresh Egg Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Lee Wonton Soup Base
- 1 Tbsp Healthy Boy Thin Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Kong Yen Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Pattu Garlic Ginger Paste
- 100g Evergreen Fried Puff Tofu
- 1 Tin UFC Bean Sprouts
- 1 Sachet Lobo Roast Red Pork Marinade
- 4 Greenmantle Valley Free Range Eggs
- 4 Green Shallots (sliced)
- 500g Lean Pork
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- Bok Choy or Choy Sum
- Mix red roast pork marinade according to directions. Add pork and marinate for 2 - 3 hours or overnight.
- The next three steps can be done simultaneously to save time:
- Hard boil eggs in a small saucepan. Peel, slice in half lengthways and set aside.
- Grill pork until cooked through. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Bring 6 cups of water to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add wonton soup base, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, and rice vinegar to boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
- Place fresh egg noodles in a large strainer and submerge in boiling soup base for up to 40 seconds (no more than 60 seconds). Do this in batches and swirl so the noodles don't clump together. Remove from soup base, run under cold water. Divide into portions between 4 bowls.
- Top noodles with sliced pork, tofu puffs, sliced egg, shredded carrot, bean sprouts, bok choy and sliced shallots.
- Pour boiling broth over the noodles and serve hot.