Satay Chicken with Stir Fry Hokkien Noodles
A sweet and spicy satay stir fry with sumptuously soft hokkien noodles.
2 Tbsp Pattu Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Tbsp Jimmy's Satay Sauce
1 Tbsp Healthy Boy Thin Soy Sauce
1 Brown Onion (Cut into wedges)
1 Tbsp Amoy Pure Sesame Oil
2 Tsp Erawan Tapioca Starch
1 Kg Chicken Thigh, (or diced firm tofu)
1 Tbsp Lion & Globe Peanut Oil
1 - 2 Tbsp Shaoxing Cooking Wine
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Knob of Ginger, finely chopped
1 Kg Fresh Evergreen Hokkien Noodles
2 – 3 Carrots, sliced into rounds
2 – 3 Bunches Baby Bok Choy, separated
100g Snake Beans, sliced into 4 – 5cm pieces
1 Tbsp Pattu White Sesame Seeds
2 – 3 Red Chillies, sliced diagonally
1 Bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and mix well. Add diced chicken and toss through the marinade until thoroughly coated. Cover and marinate in fridge for 3 hours, or overnight.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add Hokkien noodles and boil for 60 seconds. Drain noodles and set aside.
3. Heat peanut oil in a large wok. Add, garlic, ginger, carrots and snake beans and stir fry until tender. Add marinated chicken, including any liquid marinade, to wok and stir fry until brown. Tip: Sprinkle Shaoxing wine into the wok to deglaze if necessary.
4. Add Baby Bok Choy and Hokkien Noodles. Stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender and and thoroughly combined.
5. Distribute among plates. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, sliced chillies and chopped coriander to serve.