Nepali Daal Soup
Daal soup is wholesome, healthy & delicious. It's also really easy to make. The basic recipe can be adapted in so many ways it makes a really versatile meal.
1 Cup of Pattu Red Lentils
2 Tbsp of QBB Ghee
1 Brown Onion (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp Pattu Garam Masala
1 Tsp of Eastern Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp of Pattu Ground Turmeric
2 - 3 Cups of Water (use less water if you prefer thicker soup)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chopped coriander to garnish
1. Wash the lentils and drain off excess water.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy base saucepan and stir fry onion until brown.
3. Add Crushed Ginger & Garlic Paste, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, Turmeric and fry until aromatic.
4. Add washed lentils to the pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, while stirring the lentils.
3. Add the water and bring to the boil while stirring. Add salt. then turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. When lentils are tender, remove from heat and stir chopped coriander through the soup.